To cancel a flight seems complicated, time taking, and costly if one does not have an idea of the options available. So here we bring to you on Air Canada flight cancellation policy on refund and fees. We advise you to continue reading this till the end.
Air Canada Booking Cancellation Policy
According to the Air Canada flight cancellation refund policy, one can cancel the flight and receive a full refund of the ticket if the below points get satisfied:
- If Air Canada cancels the flight.
- As Air Canada Booking Cancel policy on the Covid-19 pandemic booked the ticket before or on 30 April 2021, in order to travel by 30 April 2022.
- Canceling the booked ticket within 24 hours from the booking.
- If holding a fully flexible ticket.
- Flight booked is halted by 3 hours or more.
- Special cases like the death of the customer, military orders, and serious illness ( document with evidence).
In the rest of the other cases, the passenger will get charged with the cancellation fee which will depend on the fare condition.
Point to Remember:
- Passengers need to cancel the flight at least 2 hours from the departure time.
- The refunds on the canceled tickets may take up to 1-3 months.
- Refunds will be credited in the original payment form.
- Most of the taxes are of refundable type, but some were not.
Air Canada 24 hour Cancellation Policy
As per the Air Canada cancellation policy 24 hours, customers will be able to cancel the flight booking within 24 hours from the purchase and thereby can be eligible for a full refund, whichever ticket type you purchase.
The 24-hour cancellation policy Air Canada states that the cancellation of ticket after 24 hours from the purchase then, it will charge the fee on cancellation unless the passenger has got the refundable ticket.
Air Canada Cancellation Policy Fee
As stated by Air Canada’s cancellation policy, if the cancellation of a flight ticket is done after 24 hours from purchase, then you need to pay the cancellation fee to Air Canada:
Air Canada Cancellation Fee depending on the type of ticket:
For Basic Economy: Not allowed (unless cancellation is done within 24 hours from the booking time or on emergency cases)
For Air Canada, the cancellation policy refund goes as:
Non-Refundable tickets type:
- Standard Economy: Cancellation fee of 200 USD
- Flex: Cancellation fee 200 USD
- Comfort: Cancellation fee of 200 USD
- Premium Economy Non-Flexible: Cancellation fee of 200 USD
- Business Class Non-Flexible: Cancellation fee of 200 USD
Refundable tickets type:
- Latitude: Cancellation fee 0 USD
- Premium Economy Flexible: Cancellation fee 0 USD
- Business Class Flexible: Cancellation fee 0 USD
Award Ticket Type: The cancellation fee ranges from USD 0 to USD 150
- A cancellation fee of 125 USD, if canceled through Aeroplan.com
- 150 USD: If cancellation is performed via Aeroplan contact center.
- For members of Aeroplan Diamond, the cancellation fee is 30 USD when done online and 100 USD, if done through the Aeroplan contact center.
- The cancellation fee is 0 USD for the members of Altitude Super Elite 100k.
How do you cancel Air Canada Ticket Booking?
The Air Canada Airlines cancellation policy delivers different methods to cancel the flight booking ticket such as:
- Via Online
- Over the Phone (+1-866-399-0587) (talking to the customer service executive team)
- By visiting the nearest ticket center.
Here are the steps discussed in order to cancel a ticket via the online method:
i. The first step you need to do is to go to the official website of Air Canada at www.aircanada.com
ii. Next navigate to the section on ‘My bookings’.
iii. Type in the required information so as to retrieve the booking:
The ticket number,
Last name of the passenger.
iv. Tap the option on ‘Find’.
v. Then, choose the flight, which you are looking to cancel.
vi. Hit the link on ‘Cancel Booking’.
vii. Finally, confirm the cancellation.
A confirmation message will be sent to you from Air Canada on your registered email ID. Make sure to retain it carefully.
Cancellation of the flight can be done online only if:
- The ticket has been booked from the official website at AirCanada.com or through Mobile App.
- Canceling tickets at least two hours prior to the departure of the flight.
- Canceling booking on Aeroplan reward.
- Cancellation of the entire reservation (no individual segments in an itinerary is allowed to cancel).
For any further queries directly make a contact with the Air Canada Customer support team for assistance.