Ancestry is a confidential online association that works in discovering the family history of the customer through historical and genealogical reports and checking for the evidence on the family tree to enable people to gain the modern grade of understanding human lives. Ancestry.com also provides the service on DNA testing for family background. The association has subscribers of more than 3M. And with DNA registration of more than 16M users.
But if you want to cancel your Ancestry subscription, as it is further not required by you and thereby paying the monthly payments on your Ancestry subscription which you hardly use. So here we illustrate the various methods on ‘How do you cancel your Ancestry subscription’.
How To Cancel An Ancestry Subscription Manually By Own
For choosing Ancestry subscriptions to cancel manually on your own, there are several methods available to go for the cancellation of Ancestry subscription:
- Cancel over Phone.
- Cancel through Email.
- To Cancel by the Account page on the Ancestry service.
- For UK subscribers :
- Through your account on Ancestry in the UK.
- By entering details in the UK support contact form in Ancestry.
1. Ancestry Cancel Subscription Over The Phone
To cancel Ancestry subscription via phone is a traditional way of cancellation but it is considered as one of the most simple and easy ways to cancel the Ancestry subscription account.
You can call at the phone number at 1-800-615-6560.
For the people in America can dial at 1-800-401-3193.
It is available on both weekdays and weekends from 9 am till 11 pm ET.
2. Cancel Ancestry Subscription Through An Email
To cancel Ancestry subscription via email, here it is what you need to follow:
- Compose an email with the subject as Cancellation service.
- Specify the reason for the cancellation of your Ancestry subscription.
- Furnish all the required details and personal information such as to login account, your name, email address, phone number and membership ID number.
- Then send the email to the address: email@example.com.
- Make sure to ask them to send you a confirmation mail on successful cancellation of your Ancestry subscription.
3. Ancestry Cancel Subscription By Your Account On The Ancestry Service
Following is the procedure described on Ancestry DNA cancellation subscription via your Account:
- Go to any of your preferred web browsers and visit the official website of Ancestry subscription @ancestry.com cancel subscription.
- Then, in order to open your account, tap at the upper right corner of your display screen.
- Next, select on the ‘Subscription’ section.
- From the pop-up list, click on the ‘Ancestry’ option to cancel your subscription.
- Now, click on the ‘Cancel Subscription’ option.
- Provide a reason for the cancellation of the Ancestry subscription.
- Select on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Tap on the ‘Continue to Cancel’ button, on the page below.
- Now, click on the ‘Cancel my Membership’ option on the next page.
4. Cancel Ancestry DNA Subscription For UK Subscribers
- i. Members of Ancestry Subscription from the UK can cancel the subscription through the account on the website of Ancestry in UK @ancestry.co.uk by just logging in to the ‘My Account’ page.
- ii. Filling the contact form, from the UK Support organisation of Ancestry.
How To Cancel Ancestry Subscription On iPhone
To cancel your Ancestry subscription on iTunes(iPhone), here it is on what you need to follow:
- At first, go to the ‘Settings’ widget on your iPhone.
- Click on your name tab.
- Then, click on the ‘Subscription’ tab, if the Subscription tab is not displayed on your screen, you need to click on the ‘iTunes and App Store’ section.
- Select on your ‘Apple ID’.
- Now, click on ‘View Apple ID’.
- Sign in to your account.
- Search for the ‘Subscription’ tab and then click on it.
- Next, select on ‘Ancestry’ that you wish to Manage.
- Then, click on ‘Cancel subscription’.
Make sure to receive a confirmation mail to your registered Email ID from the service on completion of the Ancestry.com subscription cancellation.
Ancestry How To Cancel Free Trial Subscription
You need to pursue any of the methods, that is mentioned above, depending on the billing account from where you made your subscription to cancel your free trial subscription. The cancellation must be made before your free trial period ends and prior to the renewal of the billing cycle otherwise, it will turn into a paid subscription.
Ancestry Cancel Subscription Refund
For a cancel Ancestry subscription refund, you need to go through the refund policy of Ancestry as per stated by it.
Ancestry refunds are credited the same as on the billing procedure that is associated with your Account.
For a free trial: While registering with a free trial if you wish to cancel your subscription before it turns to a paid membership, you need to do it any time within two days before your free trial period ends, that won’t include any charge.
For Monthly Subscriptions With Ancestry
In order to cancel your monthly Ancestry subscription, you need to cancel it prior to two days on business days, before your renewal of the next billing cycle. You won’t get back any refund but you will be allowed to access the Ancestry services till your billing cycle ends.
For subscriptions with more than a month: You need to cancel your Ancestry subscription within the first thirty(30) days, in order to get back a full refund
Thus, for a full refund, you need to cancel your Ancestry.com subscription prior to seven days of your next billing date. But when you cancel your Ancestry subscription and you are unqualified to get back a refund, you will be still accessible to the service, until the payment cycle on your subscription ends.
Ancestral Cancel Subscription Not Working
If you find that your Ancestral to cancel subscription is not working as sometimes the option on ‘Cancel Subscription’ might be missing on your Account page.
Therefore, if you can’t cancel your Ancestry.com subscription, you need to dial the contact number, to talk directly to the representative to solve your issues and sort out if there is any double Ancestry account.