Ordered food on DoorDash but now wish to cancel it. No need to worry, as in this blog we shall discuss ‘How to cancel an order on DoorDash?’. Just make sure to read this page completely in order to learn how to do it.
DoorDash is a popular food delivery platform through online orders, that has been seen prospering steadily for the last few years. DoorDash has now become compatible with the available food delivery applications.
Can you cancel a DoorDash order?
If you are a user of the DoorDash app and now you felt the urge for DoorDash to cancel the order at any point like it’s taking too long on the general delivery time or made some other plans for dinner, whatever may be the reason but DoorDash enables you to cancel the order any time.
How does the DoorDash order cancellation determine the Refund
The refund on canceling the DoorDash order can be determined by the following points:
- If the order has been canceled before DoorDash allocates the courier or the cafe confirms your order then you will be eligible for the full refund on the purchase. But you must know that the time to perform this is just a few seconds.
- To cancel the order after the confirmation by the restaurant but before the allocation of the courier and vice versa, then you will be eligible for a partial refund. The reason behind this is that DoorDash may have to make payment to the driver for the driving that they have done already or maybe to the restaurant for the food which they have begun preparing.
- On cancellation of the order when both the norms have been completed then no refund will be credited to you. So at this point, the choice will be yours whether to allow the food delivery or to cancel it in any way.
How to cancel DoorDash order via the Mobile Application
The steps to refer to in order to cancel the DoorDash order are as follows:
- Open DoorDash App on your mobile.
- Next, navigate to the ‘Orders’ button located at bottom of the page.
- Now, in the Order section, look for the ‘In-Progress’ order. It will be displayed at the top of the menu list.
- Click on the ‘View Order’ option.
- Select on ‘Help’ button which is at the right top corner of your screen.
- It will direct you to the Customer Support section menu.
- From the menu, click on the ‘Can I cancel my order?’ option in order to continue.
- Now, DoorDash will let you know the type of refund: a full refund, partial or if no refund
- If still you wish to cancel, hit the ‘Cancel Order” button to complete the process.
How to cancel a DoorDash order on the Desktop
For DoorDash orders canceled through the Desktop the steps you need to follow are:
First, go to the DoorDash official website.
Then, enter the required credentials to log in to the DoorDash account.
Now in your profile, hit on the hamburger icon which is at the top left of the screen in order to open the list.
Click on the ‘Orders’ tab from the list.
Tap on the order that you desire to cancel.
Hit the button on ‘Cancel Order’.
Confirm the cancellation and DoorDash will let you know the refund type if you are eligible for any beforehand.
To cancel a DoorDash order is a very easy task. The only thing you must know is that in order to determine the refund type it depends on when you made your cancellation.
If still, you find it difficult to cancel then you must contact the DoorDash helpline number instantly or chat with them through the official DoorDash website.