A huge number of people find it confusing when the time comes to cancel a flight ticket.
This blog will help you to get an idea of Cathay Pacific flight cancellation policy in easy terms.
Reading this will reply back to your confusion such as Cathay Pacific cancellation policy Covid 19, Cathay Pacific cancelation fee, and so on.
Cathay Pacific Cancelation policy
As per the cancellation policy of Cathay Pacific, most of the tickets are of non-refundable type.
Yet, passengers can cancel the flight ticket and receive a full refund on portions that is unused under the stated conditions:
- If the flight is canceled.
- Cancel flight 24 hours from booking:
If a flight gets departs from and to the United States.
Bought the tickets at least seven days from the date of departure.
Booked flight tickets online through the website of Cathay Pacific’s U.S.
- Denied the boarding even though you have the confirmed booking.
- Canceled flight ticket which has been booked for trip by 31st March, 2021 and tickets were issued before or on 23rd March 2020.
- If the flight gets delayed by 5 hours.
- On holding the First Flex ticket.
- On special cases like passenger death or family member, unavoidable illness, and so on (which is subjected to document evidence and also the Airlines approving it).
- Rest in other cases, the customers will get charged with the cancellation fee for Cathay Pacific depending on when the cancellation is done.
Cathay Pacific Airlines’ cancellation policy express that:
- Canceling the ticket must be done prior to the date of departure so as to prevent the charges fee on a no-show.
- Under, the Cathay Pacific cancellation refund policy, the refund on the canceled flights may take up to 7 working days on a credit card as well as on PayPal. For direct bank or cash payments, it may take up to 20 business days.
- The tickets which are partially used will receive a refund as per the rules applicable to bank accounts or credit cards in the way the initial payment has been made.
Cathay Pacific Cancellation policy 24 hours
Under the Cathay Pacific 24 hour cancellation policy, the airlines enable its customers to cancel a flight ticket of any type within 24 hours from the purchase, and in certain cases, it makes to be eligible to receive a full refund.
In order to be qualified for Cathay Pacific cancellation policy within 24 hours and refund, you need to fulfill the stated conditions:
- Booking flights online through its official website.
- Cancellation must be done within 24 hours from the period of booking.
- The departure date must be seven days or more from the purchase date.
Cathay Pacific ticket cancellation policy Fee
- According to Cathay Pacific Airline cancellation policy, the Cathay Pacific ticket cancellation fee on partial and unused flight tickets is 150 USD/passenger. For tickets that are expired the fee charged on cancellation is 200 USD/passenger.
- On having the non-refundable ticket and not qualified for a refund, then the Cathay Pacific flight cancellation fee is 150 USD in addition to that the difference in fare which is applied.
- The users can avail of a cheaper alternative under Cathay Pacific cancellation policy Covid, that is rebooking the flight ticket to some date later or they can exchange the ticket for the Cathay credit which is free of any charges.
How do you cancel Cathay Pacific and get refund?
According to Cathay Pacific’s change and cancellation policy, passengers can cancel their booking and can receive a refund under three means:
- Tickets bought online from the website of Cathay Pacific, mobile application, or through the call center can be canceled by the online method under the ‘Manage booking’ section.
- Tickets that are purchased from any travel agent or via the website of a third party then you need to contact the team directly.
For the tickets redemption, dial the Asia Miles or Marco Polo Club or its online form directly.
Remember: In case, the flight booked does not operate, the airlines will refund back the value which is not used of the ticket within seven days (for sectors under the United States) to 21 days for the rest of the sectors.
Thus, that’s all on the cancellation policy on Cathay Pacific. For any further details contact the Customer center of Cathay Pacific or you can call at +1-866-399-0587 for assistance.Want To Cancel Or Refund?
Call Now: +1-803-380-8330